A Fiber Crew Member position involves installing inner duct & fiber optic cable for delivering high-speed internet to commercial customers. The position involves operating and working around heavy machinery (Vermeer boring machines, excavators, jackhammers, masonry saws, etc.) and working with a team of professionals to carry out the installation of the fiber optic cables by following plans approved by the city or county. In-field training provided.
- Some Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) Experience
- Some Excavator & Heavy Machinery Experience
- Ability to Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass a Background Investigation
- Pass a Drug Screening
PREFERRED & BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCE
- Fiber Optic Cable Pulling & Inner Duct Installation Experience
- Survey Experience
- Utility Locating with Miss Dig Experience
- Chauffer License
- Class A License
- MDOT Experience
- Traffic Control Experience