A Fiber Crew Member position involves installing inner duct & fiber optic cable for delivering high speed internet to commercial customers. The position involves operating and working around heavy machinery (Vermeer boring machines, excavators, jack hammers, masonry saws, etc.) and working with a team of professionals to carry out the installation of the fiber optic cables by following plans approved by the city or county. In-field training provided.
- Some Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) Experience
- Some Excavator & Heavy Machinery Experience
- Ability to Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass a Background Investigation
- Pass a Drug Screening
PREFERRED & BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCE
- Fiber Optic Cable Pulling & Inner Duct Installation Experience
- Survey Experience
- Utility Locating with Miss Dig Experience
- Chauffer License
- Class A License
- MDOT Experience
- Traffic Control Experience