What is SD-WAN?
Software-defined Wide Area Network (WAN) is a software approach to managing network connectivity that lowers operational costs and improves resource usage for multi-site deployments. This allows for an optimized WAN that is efficiently using bandwidth and ensuring a high level of performance for critical applications.
Bring your own internet connection or leverage our broad range of business internet connectivity options, or do a combination of both.
123Net SD-WAN is a managed networking service that includes design engineering, dedicated project management and support from our highly experienced 123Net Network Operations Center (NOC) team of experts.
MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) Alternative
Use SD-WAN to provide security without higher-costs of MPLS by creating meshed, private tunnels which are networked over the underlay network. This solution can also be used to augment existing MPLS networks by using the public internet.
Dynamic Path Selection
Dynamic path selection allows 123Net to manage performance thresholds for different types of traffic, to ensure that critical applications and data transfers always use the best path based on the loss, latency, and jitter.
Policy-Based Routing (PbR)
PbR functionality allows administrators to assign traffic to a VPN path based on criteria such as traffic protocol, source, destination, or application.
Dual-Active VPN Uplinks
In addition to supporting dual WAN uplinks and automatic VPN failover, 123Net also can build multiple VPN tunnels that are active simultaneously. Traffic can then be load-balanced across these tunnels to make optimal use of available bandwidth.
Managed Firewall with SD-WAN Features
- Zero-touch remote deployment
- Automatic firmware upgrades
- Automatic security patches
- Throughput, connectivity monitoring email alerts
- Detailed historical usage statistics
- Live remote packet capture
- Real-time diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Stateful firewall, 1:1 NAT, DMZ
- Identity-based policies
- Client (IPSec, L2TP) VPN
- Static Routing
- Automatic Layer 3 failover
- Content Filtering
- Web search filtering
- PCI-compliant Intrusion Prevention Sensor
- Anti-virus filter at the gateway
- Anti-phishing filter at the gateway
- WAN link aggregation
- 3G/4G USB modem failover
- Application level (Layer 7) traffic analysis and shaping
- Ability to choose WAN uplink based on traffic type
- SD-WAN: Dual Active VPN with policy based routing and dynamic path selection