Bringing Connectivity to Underserved Areas in Ottawa County
Want to help bring connectivity to your area?
123NET’s Update Center for the Ottawa County Broadband Project
Do you dream of faster, more reliable internet in Ottawa County? You’re not alone. We at 123NET share your vision. We’re on a mission to secure the funding needed for a transformative project that will bring high-speed internet to our county. Sign up for updates here.
At 123NET, we have a big dream. We want to ensure every community and business in Michigan has the best internet connection possible. We’re partnering with Ottawa County to turn this dream into reality. Here’s what we aim to achieve:
County-Wide Internet Access
We believe that everyone in the county deserves reliable internet access. Whether you’re in the heart of the city or the rural outskirts, we’re working to ensure you can easily get online.
Improved Network Performance
We’re not just about getting you online; we’re about improving your online experience. We’re striving to improve the performance of existing networks, making your internet faster and more reliable.
Enhanced Public Safety
Reliable internet isn’t just about convenience; it’s a matter of safety. With better connectivity, emergency services can respond more quickly and efficiently, making our county safer.
Better internet means better business. From small startups to established companies, high-speed internet can drive growth, create jobs, and strengthen our economy.
Better Quality of Life
From online learning to telemedicine to staying connected with loved ones, high-speed internet can significantly improve our quality of life. We’re committed to making life better for everyone.
- March 14, 2023: Ottawa County Board of Commissioners approved letter of intent and selected 123NET for Ottawa County Broadband Project.
- March 14, 2023: 123NET submitted ROBIN Grant Application for Government Funding of the Project.
- March – April 2023: ROBIN Application Review
- May 2023: ROBIN Award Recommendations Published & Start of Comment/Objection Period
- June – July 2023: ROBIN Final Grants Announced
- August 2023: Ottawa County & 123NET determine final scope of work based on ROBIN funding amounts.
- November 2023: ROBIN Grant awarded for project funding.
- December 2023: Commissioners Approved Project, Contract signed with 123NET.
Government Funding: Bridging the Divide
Digital inequity in Michigan is prevalent, and it’s efforts have contributed greatly to the development of rural and home-based businesses as well as tele-commuting. Over the last few years, Michigan and the US Government has taken critical steps to address the digital divide including providing funding for infrastructure and community development like the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Realizing Opportunity with Broadband Infrastructure Networks (ROBIN) Grant Program, and other funding opportunities.