How It Works
IP Failover equipment is backed by an intelligent system designed to detect Internet service disruptions. If a problem with the Internet is detected, traffic is automatically transitioned to a predetermined backup connection. Customers are seamlessly routed back to the primary when Internet is restored.
Since 123Net handles public IP addressing, real-time applications are not interrupted during circuit outages. VoIP calls will remain intact. IP Failover is even compatible with MPLS network configurations. Customers can also opt to use a secondary connection from another carrier and 123Net will build virtual circuits over it.
When primary and secondary connections are transported through the same medium (i.e. physical cables), it leaves enterprises in a vulnerable position. 123Net’s flexible solution is compatible with multiple Fiber, Fixed Wireless, Ethernet over Copper, and 4G LTE connections. This diversity protects network connectivity during damages to physical cables caused by construction, car crashes, weather, and other uncontrollable events. IP Failover can also be used to maintain connectivity during circuit maintenance.
IP Failover With 4G LTE
4G LTE is a wireless backup solution that integrates perfectly with IP Failover equipment. 4G LTE offers:
- High Availability: Utilizing nationwide wireless providers, 123Net’s 4G LTE delivers high-speed Internet access to remote sites that may not be able to access traditional backup services.
- Rapid Deployment: 123Net’s 4G LTE is typically up and running within only 7 to 14 days.
- Simplified Billing: Receiving a primary and secondary connection from the same provider simplifies billing and bookkeeping, so you can focus on business-critical tasks.
- Cost-Effective Rates: Low monthly plans without repair costs.
- Reliability: 4G LTE provides a redundant connection that is not prone to physical disruptions.
123Net’s IP Failover solution combines high-speed Internet connectivity with immediate, flawless network protection. With IP Failover in place businesses have the peace of mind that their network is protected from the unexpected.
Learn more about how you can protect your connectivity with 123Net’s IP Failover.