Over the last few years, 123NET has worked closely with customers, partners, and other carriers to transition away from copper infrastructure. The telecommunications industry, as a whole, is undergoing a massive shift. Before Fiber infrastructure was popular, businesses used their t1 Lines for voice and data needs. Companies are transitioning their data services to fiber and discovering that SIP Trunking is a close and better voice service substitute. Discover more about SIP Trunking and how it has migrated into most businesses.
How is the replacement of T1s taking place?
SIP trunking is a communication protocol utilized for calls, instant messaging, and video calls between VoIP (Voice over IP) devices. This can offer the same voice quality and reliability level as traditional T1 lines. There is also access to many benefits that were not possible with T1s, including:
- Flexibility: SIP trunks are more flexible than traditional T1 lines because it offers multiple ports and IP addresses. This makes it easy to add or remove devices from a network as needed. Setting up new locations or relocating to an existing one without worrying about the expense and hassle.
- Cost savings: With VoIP service providers, it offers lower rates per minute than traditional long-distance carriers. This occurs by switching over from using old-fashioned analog phones.
Why do businesses choose SIP Trunking?
Businesses have certain communication requirements that involve the same connection while saving time and money through a secure solution. Here are two reasons why businesses choose SIP Trunking:
- Update and Replace Technology: As technology evolves, businesses adapt to the newest and greatest voice servers to provide quality customer communication. Additional features include messaging and video conferencing.
- Reliable Connection: When paired with reliable fiber or fixed wireless internet, users can experience a better phone connection.
123NET Phone Solutions
123NET offers many tailored phone solutions to help you transition from copper phone lines. Many of these solutions possess over-the-top capabilities, enabling them to provision your voice service over any internet connection.
- SIP Trunking: 123NET provides Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), allowing users to make and receive calls using an internet connection. Trunking refers to virtual phone lines that can be used to contact anyone with a phone number.
- Dynamic Voice and Data: 123NET uses a single circuit to alternate between voice and internet services based on capacity. This allows customers to facilitate better business-wide communication and bundle their services for a reduced cost. A dynamic primary rate interface can be used when Direct Inward Dialing is needed.
- Hosted IP PBX: 123NET manages a private branch exchange with their Hosted IP PBX solution to place and receive calls over the internet by converting analog voice signals into digital multi-media. Hosted customers often save money with this solution due to renting physical phone equipment instead of buying it from other providers.
- Microsoft Teams Direct Routing: 123NET connects Microsoft Teams to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), allowing users to make and receive external calls through cloud voice workloads securely.
SIP trunking is the wave of the future, and it is quickly becoming the preferred method for connecting businesses to the Internet. This multimedia service can sync with business communications by managing emails, messaging, and video conferencing. 123NET offers a range of voice solutions to help your business use its existing internet connection. Discover Our Voice Solutions