The Fiber Optic Splicer is responsible for the splicing of fiber optic cable throughout 123NET’s Network. Our Fiber Splicing team handles all OSP Splicing for new customers as well as maintaining our existing plant. This role will involve the following skills: reading prints and understanding fiber optic color code to install and test in both underground and aerial environments, using fiber fusion splicing machines, driving a truck and trailer, operating a bucket truck, utilizing fiber testing equipment; optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDRs)/ power meter/light sources and visual fault locators (VFLs), recording and document testing per customer specifications, maintaining a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers at all times, as well as adhering to safety practices and procedures.
- Fiber splicing experience, especially on outside plants or system installations while working from blueprints, specifications and system documentation
- A thorough working knowledge of most widely-used construction practices of fiber cable
- A current valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a background check
- The willingness to work in all weather conditions
- All applicants must follow safety guidelines & wear personal protective equipment
- Working comfortably at heights