The Fiber Optic Splicer role is responsible for the splicing fiber optic cable throughout 12NET’s Network. Our Fiber Splicing team handles all OSP Splicing for new customers as well as maintaining our existing plant.
The role will involve the following skills:
- Reading prints and understanding fiber optic color code to install and test in both underground and aerial environments
- Using fiber fusion splicing machines
- Driving a truck and trailer
- Operate a bucket truck
- Utilizing fiber testing equipment; optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDRs), power meter/light sources and visual fault locators (VFLs)
- Recording and document testing per customer specifications
- maintaining a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers at all times, and adhering to safety practices and procedures
123NET is currently searching for a Fiber Splice Technician to work out of its Southfield office.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Fiber Splicing Experience, Especially on Outside Plants or System Installations While Working from Blueprints, Specifications and System Documentation
- A Thorough Working Knowledge of Most Widely-Used Construction Practices of Fiber Cable
- A Current Valid Driver’s License with a Clean Driving Record
- The Willingness to Work in All Weather Environments
- The Ability to Travel as Required (In state)
- All Applicants Must Follow Safety Guidelines & Wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Working comfortably at heights
Thank you for your interest in working with 123NET! If your resume is selected, we will reach out through email with information about the rest of the hiring process.
123NET, Inc (123NET) is located in Southfield, Michigan, and has been providing High Capacity Business Internet, Colocation and Telecommunications services successfully for 25 years from small to Fortune 500 companies. We are one of Michigan’s fastest-growing privately held companies offering competitive wages, healthcare benefits, and a great work environment. We attract top talent, bringing diverse experiences and creativity to our team and fostering an environment that enables employees to apply their skills, creativity, and experience in an independent and impactful way. Our people are at the core of our success. We attract and retain top talent who bring diverse experiences, creativity, and leadership to our team. We are growing rapidly and are passionate about making a difference every day.
Our Mission – Building network to make Michigan communities and businesses the best connected on the planet.