Dark Fiber Overview
Unlimited Scale Through 123NET’s Dark Fiber Network
123NET’s Dark Fiber product offers a variety of connectivity options from individual strands to complex high count cable designs, customized to suit business needs. This secure solution offers a private network with virtually unlimited configuration options. Dark fiber provides physical security and keeps businesses in control of their communications infrastructure.
- Customer Provides Equipment
- Route Distance
- Route Design
- Ring with Collapsed Lateral
- Ring with Dual Entrance Laterals
- Hub and Spoke
- Protocol Determination
- Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- SONET (Synchronous Optical Network)
- Composed of a Single Mode Fiber (Exceeding ITU-G.652D Specification)
- Customer has Only Electronics Connected to the Fiber
- Specifically Designed for Client Needs
- Long Term Lease and IRU Options Available
- Allows Customer to Control Their Own Network Assets
- Remove Dependencies on the Incumbent Carrier
Dark Fiber Features
123NET’s unique fiber assets, routes and secure rights-of-way provide the network infrastructure that your business needs, where you need it, to support mission-critical applications.
- Single Mode Fiber (Exceeding ITU-G.652D Specification)
- Supports Many Configurations, Services & Applications
- E-rate Category 1 Eligible
- Long-Term Lease & IRU Options Available
- Available Designs Include Single Entrance, Dual Entrance, Ring, Hub & Spoke, or Point-to-Point
Dark Fiber Benefits
Take total ownership of your network and tap into the benefits of 123NET’s dark fiber solutions.
- Operational Control: Gives organizations the ability to use their electronics on the fiber, controlling the network end-to-end with virtually unlimited bandwidth.
- Predictable Cost Structure: Increase spreed without incurring additional monthly fees. Strong ROI for companies that use substantial bandwidth and utilize numerous services.
- Maximize Security: Secure data and meet industry regulations with a completely private and protected network.
Southfield, MI – April 15, 2021 - 123.Net Inc. (123NET), a Michigan colocation and network services provider, connects with Limelight Networks, Inc., a leading provider of content delivery network and edge cloud services, to distribute Limelight’s online content...
Southfield, MI – April 6, 2021 - 123.Net Inc. (123NET), Michigan’s best-connected colocation and fiber network provider, has been selected by Ann Arbor based May Mobility, an autonomous mobility company, to provide data center...
SOUTHFIELD, MI., March 11, 2021 - Earlier this month, 123.Net Inc. (123NET) installed fiber into its 2,000th commercial building. This achievement comes less than a year after the company announced its 1000th lit commercial building milestone back in 2020. “We are...