123NET BULLETIN: COVID-19 May 7th, 2020 UPDATE
To ensure the safety of all our employees and visitors, 123.Net is requiring all employees and visitors to our offices or data centers to follow the appropriate CDC guidelines as well as local, state, and federal laws.
Anyone who enters the premises must answer NO to all of the following questions:
- Do you have any symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of Covid-19?
- Have you traveled internationally or domestically in the last 14 days?
Moreover, to continue to keep everyone safe, the following precautions MUST be taken on all 123.Net premises:
· Clean your hands often;
· Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance away from others;
· Wear a non-surgical face-mask;
· Stay home if you are sick or live with someone that is sick;
· Clean and disinfect your area regularly;
· Limit elevator use to only one individual at a time;
· Do not use communal spaces such as conference rooms or kitchens; and
· Avoid touching your face, and cover coughs and sneezes.
Existing 123NET Customers Providing Complimentary
- Smart Hands Data Center Services
- Conference Bridges
Strong Network, Stable Infrastructure & Continued Service
123NET’s Network Operations Center (NOC) is constantly monitoring usage across our network. Our teams can quickly add capacity, modify paths, and adjust traffic based on customer utilization. We are prepared to ensure traffic flows smoothly across our network, regardless of increased demand. Our network and services are monitored, managed and maintained virtually by our technicians. To make sure our services continue, we are working with our partners and providers to ensure a coordinated response surrounding potential COVID-19 impacts on our business.