123NET’s development team offers a great deal of freedom and autonomy so a candidate who requires or desires a large deal of direct management and structure might not enjoy this position. However, go-getters that enjoy freedom will love our independent working environment that also includes a safety net of team members you can call when you need help. The ability to own your projects from beginning to end makes this job a great way to master the full development cycle and the full web application stack. This position is work from home friendly. Add ‘I love Perl’ to your message to us so we know you are not a robot.
- Design, build and maintain web applications to improve business processes and create solutions.
- Full Stack Web Development
- Interact with internal teams to learn about their processes and challenges.
- Design user stories to describe how new applications will work for our internal teams.
- Turn the user story into a sprint workflow to develop a new application or feature improvement for our internal teams.
- Support and handoff new applications and features to our internal teams with demos
- Support applications by respond to and fixing reported bugs.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table to help 123NET win against our competition and accomplish our mission with software.
- Security Consciousness – 123NET has a security day once a month where we test our systems and design and implement security improvements.
- Creativity & Innovation – Once every two weeks, we spend a half-day working on ‘skunk-works’ projects. These projects are proposed by our team members and are designed to help us learn new frameworks or tools and experiment with different improvements or ideas.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Understanding of Back-End Web Application Development Including: FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, and Perl or similar such as Linux, NGINX, SQLite, Python, or other high-level programming languages
- Testing, Debugging & Version Control – Git or Other
- Teamwork – team members are available to help brainstorm, design, and troubleshoot solutions. We have a 30-minute daily standup meeting where we share progress and collaborate as well as 1-hour team meetings once a week.
- Career Minded – we would like to find a team member that can grow with the company and enjoy their time with us for many years.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Or Related Technical Discipline (Formal Degree not Required if Candidate has Acquired the Equivalent Skill Set)
- 2+ years of Professional Software Development Experience Desired
- Proficiency in a High-level Scripting Language or Similar
- Previous MVC Web Application Experience Desired
- Experience and understanding of the full software development lifecycle, from conception, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing, delivery, and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations