MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
We are looking for an energetic, detailed-oriented, and proactive individual to join our team to support our growing service focused telecom solutions. The Marketing Communications Specialist will work closely with subject matter experts and our customers to gather pertinent information to craft success stories, press releases, blog posts, sales collateral, videos, and other projects. This role will carry out strategic initiatives relating to content creation, demand generation, sales enablement, and partner communications. The role reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Marketing Communications Specialist’s key responsibilities will include researching, creating and sharing news content internally and externally with the goal of enhancing the company’s brand reputation among key audiences.
- Develop a working knowledge of the company’s service offerings, markets, industry experience and key service differentiators to help create content for various deliverables.
- Research, write and edit informational and sales materials in support of 123Net’s communication efforts, such as articles, promotional pieces, case studies, whitepapers, press releases, blogs, video scripts and more.
- Work with internal team members to create communications to share news with company employees.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency across all written marketing content.
- Help define a consistent voice and tone for the brand across multiple channels.
- Keep up with best practices in marketing writing, sharing relevant ideas with the team and implementing where appropriate.
- Develop and write digital content and maintain content publishing editorial calendar.
- Complete other duties, as needed.
The Marketing Communications Specialist’s core competency is writing, therefore writing samples (blog, press releases, ads, etc) is a requirement. (Interns with sample work may apply)
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong digital copywriting, content marketing and verbal communication skills required.
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant experience with a B2B technology company preferred.
- Comfortable interacting with company and customers required.
- Strong background writing in AP Style.
- Ability to work autonomously or in small teams.
- Experience managing social media platforms and posting content for a company or brand.
- Experience conducting competitive research.
- WordPress / HTML
- Google Ads / Analytics
- Facebook / LinkedIn Ads