The AutoCAD Drafter/Designer will assist our fiber team in helping locate both underground and aerial routes for fiber through AutoCAD and assist in determining the best route to build. Responsibilities will include drafting underground and aerial routes in AutoCAD to both 123NET and municipality standards, communicating with municipalities to compile information, reading utility maps, preparing permit applications required for underground and aerial routes, maintain job status reports, verifying existing network equipment along underground and aerial routes for local locations, and assist with aerial surveys if needed. Training will be provided.
- AutoCAD Experience is Required: 1 Year Preferred
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook & General Computer Skills are Required
- Basic Knowledge of Google Earth Preferred
- Must be Personable and Have Necessary Communication Skills to Speak With City Officials
- Must Have Problem Solving Skills and be Comfortable With Complex Thinking
- Must Possess the Ability to Stay Self-Motivated While Communicating in a Team-Based Environment
- Ability to Communicate and Multi-Task in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Construction Knowledge is Also Beneficial, Not Required For the Position
- Prior Work in the Telecommunications Industry is Preferred but Not Required
- Reliable Transportation
- Associate’s Degree
While this position is remote you must be able to come into the office as needed
- Health insurance – Provided for you and your family on day one of employment
- Dental insurance – Provided for you and your family on day one of employment
- Vision insurance – Provided for you and your family on day one of employment
- 401(k) – Savings plan with discretionary profit sharing contributions
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid work
- How many years of experience do you have using Google Earth Pro?
- How many years experience do you have reading blueprints, as-built maps, or utility maps
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
123NET, Inc (123NET) is headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, and has been providing High Capacity Business Internet, Colocation, and Telecommunications services successfully for 25 years from small to Fortune 500 companies. We are one of Michigan’s fastest-growing privately held companies offering competitive wages, healthcare benefits, and a great work environment. We attract top talent, bringing diverse experiences and creativity to our team and fostering an environment that enables employees to apply their skills, creativity, and experience in an independent and impactful way. Our people are at the core of our success. We attract and retain top talent who bring diverse experiences, creativity, and leadership to our team. We are growing rapidly and are passionate about making a difference every day.
Our Mission – Building network to make Michigan communities and businesses the best connected on the planet.