123NET is currently seeking a qualified attorney to fill its General Counsel role. The position will be responsible for providing legal guidance and strategy on matters such as corporate governance, employment law, corporate transactions, collections, contracts, municipal and real property law, bankruptcy, regulatory and compliance issues, construction law, telecommunications law, and other legal matters as needed. The right candidate will have a basic understanding of the above areas of law, and will have experience in, and can expect to perform, the following duties:
- Oversee All Legal Matters of The Company
- Draft & Maintain the Transactional Business Document of The Company, I.E., Corporate Governance of The Company & Its Related Entities
- Draft, Review, Negotiate, & Advise on General & Industry Specific Agreements, Such As, But Not Limited To, Service Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Employment Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Etc.
- Conduct Legal Research & Advise on Best Strategies for The Company on Various Issues
- Perform Risk Assessment & Compliance Functions, Including, But Not Limited To, Audit & Advise on Compliance of New & Current Laws & Regulations
- Develop & Implement Company Policies & Procedures to Minimize Risk & Improve Efficiency
- Assist In Resolving Customer & Vendor Disputes & Collection on Past Due Accounts.
- Engage & Advise Owners, Management, & Cross-Function Teams on Legal Concerns to Minimize Risk & To Achieve Best Results
- Collaborate & Consult with Ownership on The Legal & Financial Impact of Business Solutions & Goals
- Perform Basic Litigation Functions
- Oversee & Communicate with Outside Counsel on Complex Litigation Matters
- Knowledge Or Interest in The Telecommunications Industry Is Preferred
- A Minimum of Three Years’ Law Firm Experience Is Required
- Bar (Preferred)
- US Work Authorization (Preferred)