- Tower Technician
- April 20, 2017
- March 30, 2017
- May 1, 2017
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main purpose of this field position is the installation, acceptance, line-up and maintenance of Wireless, Microwave, fiber optic or other auxiliary equipment that comprises the 123 network.
- Be able to climb and perform work on communications towers and building roof tops to accept, test, and maintain microwave radio systems.
- Coordinate required activities with Network Operations Center personnel in the isolation and resolution of network problems.
- Works as a part of a cross functional team to conduct routine preventative and corrective maintenance activities to support Network Deployment, Performance, and Reliability initiatives.
- Troubleshoots problems on his/her own related to the network.
- Provide an intermediate level analysis for fault isolation as it pertains to microwave, fiber optics, wireless, and voice and data circuits.
- Uses acquired knowledge to provide input to supervisor on process improvement related to preventative maintenance routines.
- Responsible for the security and proper maintenance of corporate assets such as cell phone, spares, tools, test equipment, and vehicle.
- Provides installation as well as test and acceptance of customer circuits.
- Be able to lead less experienced technicians in all aspects of normal duty requirements.
Discretion and Independent Judgment
- Follow established procedures on routine work, requires minimum supervision on new assignments.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practices.
- Should be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to follow guidelines regarding safety.
- Intermediate knowledge of most tools and test equipment used in the 123 network.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to completion.
- Must be flexible in ever changing environments and priorities.
- Be open in providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Show initiative in achieving company goals and objectives.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Experience and Education
- Strong PC skills and MSOffice
- Must be current in the use of Windows and remote access on personal laptop computers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Has a proficiency of installation and maintenance of at least two of the following network equipment components: microwave, Fixed Wireless, and Fiber Optics.
- 2 year technical degree, equivalent military, or work experience in the Tower Construction / Installation Industry.
- Current or Previous ComTrain Certification.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 to 4 years of industry related experience.
- Ability to work extended shifts and on-call as needed.
- Climb towers.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following skills
- technicians qualifications
- years of relevant experience
- past performance evaluation
- Driving Record
- microwave and multiplex experience
- fiber optic system experience
- data network experience
- computer skills
- customer contact
- ability to climb towers
- AC/DC power systems
- alarm and control systems
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO: Jennifer Mackaluso at: email@example.com