- Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
- April 27, 2017
- April 1, 2017
- December 24, 2017
Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
123Net is searching for highly motivated, independent, self-starting individuals with proven experience supporting the telecommunications needs of customers.
This position involves collaborating with customers and partners to implement the design and turn-up of telecommunications services. This may include IP routing, telephony, hardware configuration and network troubleshooting. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are essential when communicating with customers in technical and non-technical terms. This person must also demonstrate excellent customer service (both internal and external) while providing solutions for any turn-up/ migration challenges.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Multi-level Network Support for internal and external customers.
- Coordinate required activities with customers and 123Net field personnel in the isolation and resolution of network problems.
- Works as a part of a cross functional team to conduct routine preventative and corrective maintenance activities to support Network Deployment, Performance, and Reliability initiatives.
- Troubleshoots problems related to the network.
- Uses acquired knowledge to provide input to supervisor on process improvement related to preventative maintenance routines.
- Provides installation guidance and testing to customers.
Discretion and Independent Judgment
- Follow established procedures on routine work, requires minimum supervision.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practices.
- Should be self-motivated, self-starter with a sense of curiosity.
- Working knowledge of various types of equipment (Cisco / Adtran)
- Configuration / IP Routing knowledge
- Troubleshooting procedures for the following types of service:
• Fiber / Fixed Wireless / T1 / EOC /
- Working knowledge of Voice Technologies: PRI / GR303 / Analog / SIP / Hosted PBX
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Intermediate knowledge of most tools and test equipment used in the 123 network.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to completion.
- Must be flexible in ever changing environments and priorities.
- Be open in providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Show initiative in achieving company goals and objectives.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Experience and Education
- Technical problem solver
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong PC skills and MSOffice
- Must be current in the use of Windows and remote access on personal laptop computers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- 2 year technical degree, equivalent military, or work experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 to 4 years of industry related experience.
- Ability to work extended shifts and on-call as needed.
- Sit / Stand or walk on a treadmill (if you like).
Applicants will be evaluated on the following skills
- Technician’s qualifications
- years of relevant experience
- past performance evaluation
- Computer skills
- Customer contact
- Network understanding
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO: Jennifer Mackaluso at: firstname.lastname@example.org