- Drill Crew Foreman
- April 12, 2017
- September 19, 2016
- December 1, 2016
The foreman will run a small crew installing fiber optic cable in the right of way (R.O.W.) utilizing directional boring equipment (Ditch Witch or Vermeer) and excavating equipment as well as other miscellaneous machinery (jack hammers, masonry saws, etc.) used to locate utility lines (Gas lines, water lines, communication cables, etc.) to avoid damages by using the boring machine.
When directional boring isn’t required for a project, installing inner duct & fiber optic cable within telecommunication manholes is to be used.
The foreman will also ensure industry safety procedures are followed and will verify all vehicles & equipment are operational & in good standing.
Company HQ will issue drawings of intended paths & routes to be used on site and the foreman will determine the best way to accomplish the task and will verify it is done properly.
The position is full time and offers competitive pay. Benefits are also available.
The following items outlines the requirements:
1. Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) experience required
2. Excavator & heavy machinery experience required
3. Basic blueprint reading skills is required
4. Will be in charge of small crew 4 to 6 people
5. Fiber optic cable pulling & inner duct installation experience is beneficial, but not required
6. Survey experience is beneficial, but not required
7. Utility locating with Miss Dig experience is required
8. Must have valid driver’s license
9. Chauffer license beneficial, but not required
10. Class A license is beneficial, but not required
11. MDOT experience is beneficial, but not required
12. Traffic control experience is beneficial, but not required
13. Manhole experience & confined spaces experience is beneficial, but not required
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO: Jennifer Mackaluso at: email@example.com